I feel as though my right arm has been amputated. Maybe my left, too. I feel helpless.
A technological error "lost" all my stored videos Sunday. My third appendage, my Flip, was useless. But worse than that, my Flip library of videos and movies had disappeared....seemingly forever.
What to do? What to do?
Fortunately I live within 10 minutes of an Apple store and the Genius Bar. I needed a Genius and I needed one RIGHT NOW. I went online and made a 4 o'clock appointment. I crated the girls, packed up my laptop, my Flip and my external hard drive, where all my videos are stored. Off I went.
My very own Genius, Red, appeared before me and took my laptop.
"Hmmmmm." "Ohhhhhh." "Uh uh."
Tap. Tap. Tap. Click. Click. Click. And videos began reappearing.
Three and a half hours later, at 730PM and thirty minutes after the store had closed, I was politely invited to leave. But all the videos hadn't been restored yet!
Nonetheless, I came home, videos partially restored but all my "organization" lost forever. For 2166 clips and movies. I didn't care. They were back. I thought.
Last night, the disappearing act occurred again. Just how much shock and despair can one girl handle? Because of my schedule, I can't get back to the Genius Bar until Thursday. But on Thursday I have the first appointment of the day. Pray for me.
Yesterday I had begun the process of reconstituting the organization of my videos and in that process I had to scan each and every video as I came to it.
What a wonderful walk through memory lane. What a wonderful review of Lily's training. The lemonade of the lemons of this terrible technological "glitch" is that I will be forced to review and re-examine Lily's training since I began videoing it.
When (note I say "when" and not "if") this problem gets resolved once and for all and life returns to normal.
When I begin re-organizing my videos by Levels behavior once again, I will clear my calendar, take the phone off the hook, sit back and surround myself in this wonderful visual history of young Lily's life.
(Just like re-teaching behaviors to our dogs.)
Right after I back up my external hard drive.
Controlled Retrieve ...
Lily holding glasses by the earpiece with her front teeth
