Many lessons learned in ZEN: Level 1: Step l
Clicker training is contract training. "You give me what I want and then I'll give you what you want". Dale is explaining the contract to Lily.
Dale learns when and how to INTRODUCE the cue. While Lily is reliably moving away from the treat in Dale's hand, Dale introduces the cue. Then Dale gives the cue BEFORE presenting his hand and Lily responds correctly.
Dale changes the behavior by standing up. "Whenever you change anything about a behavior, you make everything else easier". Dale RE-TEACHES the behavior.
Then he RE-INTRODUCES the cue.
COMEAFTERS
Now the really important part of any Step: teach the same behaviour in a different circustance. Teach Step 1 again while you're standing up. Be sure to keep your hand right down there at her nose!
When I say "teach it in a different circumstance", I mean TEACH IT again - that means:
a. taking the cue off
b. starting right back at the beginning and
c. not putting the cue back on the behaviour until she understands and delivers what you want
When she's got it the second time, try it cold again while you're standing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment