Monday, May 24, 2010

Look at That

Subtle changes as we go.
Initially, Dale holds the leash and I mark and reward.
Then Dale takes over.
Initially, Dale and I are seated side by side.....with Lily.
Then I move 6' away.

In most clips you can see the dog/s approaching over Dale's left shoulder.
When they are even with us, they are between 8' and 10' away.

NOTE that we make every effort to mark (with Yes) ONLY those times that Lily looks
and does not react.

When I leave to go to the car and reload the treat bag, neither Dale nor I thought to make that an LAT training opportunity. In looking at that clip, you will want to say "Yes!" as Lily looks toward me instead of saying "Yes!" when she turns to Dale! We both GROANED over the missed opportunity in retrospect!!!!

Our criteria: Mark the moment that Lily looks at the distraction and does not react.


Dog 1



Dog 2
This was a tough one. Bailey was a 3 year old grey Weim.
I missed 2 opportunities to mark looking and not reacting.
But was successful at NOT rewarding the lunge and return.


Dog 3


A missed opportunity!
We COULD have used this as a LAT opportunity in reverse!


Dogs 4 and 5




No comments:

Post a Comment